Wednesday, March 2, 2011

John Galliano Issues Apology

He was fired from his position as head designer at Christian Dior over his very public anti-Semitic remarks, and earlier today (March 2) John Galliano issued an apology.


In a statement issued by his legal counsel, the flamboyant fashionista declared, 'Anti-Semitism and racism have no part in our society. I unreservedly apologize for my behavior in causing any offence.'


Additionally, Galliano will stand trial for allegedly making anti-Semitic comments in Paris, France last week.


He shared, 'Since the events of last Thursday evening I have not been able to make any public comment on what took place based upon advice from my French lawyer. However, given the continuing delays at the French Prosecutor’s Office I should make my position clear ... I completely deny the claims made against me and have fully co-operated with the police investigation.'